- Title Pages
- About the Companion Website
- Chapter 1 Turn Over for Act Two
- Chapter 2 The Jewish Population of Tennessee
- Chapter 3 Face the Music (and Dance)
- Chapter 4 The Majestic Theater of the Air
- Chapter 5 The Farmer and the Cowman Should Be Friends
- Chapter 6 Every Home’s a First Night
- Chapter 7 Songs for Swingin’ Show Fans
- Chapter 8 “And <i>My Fair Lady</i> Is a Terrific Show, They Say”
- Chapter 9 Hymn for a Sunday Evening
- Chapter 10 A Few of My Favorite Things
- Chapter 11 Was There Too Much of a Crowd, All Too Lush and Loud?
- Chapter 12 Losing My Timing This Late in My Career
- Chapter 13 “You Never Seen a Show Like This Before!”
- Chapter 14 History Has Its Eyes on You
House Seat Music and the Private Space of Broadway
- Broadway to Main Street
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.