- Title Pages
- Preface to the English Edition
- 1 Europe, Yes—But Which Europe?
- 2 In Search of Acceptance
- 3 Sovereignty in Europe
- 4 On the Status of the EU’s Democratic Legitimacy after Lisbon
- 5 The Democratic Costs of Constitutionalization— The European Case
- 6 The Cause of the European Democracy Deficit is Sought in the Wrong Place
- 7 The Necessity of Europeanized Elections and Parties
- 8 The Significance of National Constitutions in a United Europe<sup>*</sup>
- 9 The Role of National Parliaments in the European Union
- 10 The Role of National Constitutional Courts in European Democracy
- 11 The Basic Law as a Barrier against a Transformation of the EU into a State
- 12 Europe Needs Principles, Not Pragmatism
- The Constitution of European Democracy
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.