- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Abbreviations and Acronyms
- List of Contributors
- 1 The Land Question in India
- 2 From Primitive Accumulation to Regimes of Dispossession
- 3 Land Grabs, Primitive Accumulation, and Resistance in Neoliberal India
- 4 Agrarian Crisis and Accumulation in Rural India
- 5 Law Struggles, Lawmaking, and the Politics of Hegemony in Neoliberal India
- 6 Land Acquisition and “Fair Compensation” of the “Project Affected”
- 7 The <i>Adivasi</i> Land Question in the Neoliberal Era
- 8 Noncultivating Households Owning Land in an Agrarian Economy
- 9 Land and/or Labor? Predicament of Petty Commodity Producers among South Indian Villages
- 10 Land Reform in Kerala and West Bengal
- 11 How Much Land Does a Capitalist Need?
- 12 An Ethnographer’s Journey through Land Grab for Capitalists by the Left Front Government in West Bengal
- 13 Land and Dispossession
- The Land Question in India
Anthony P. D’Costa
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.