- Title Pages
- Introduction to the Science of Meaning
- 1 What is—or, for that Matter, isn’t—‘Experimental’ Semantics?
- 2 Axiomatization in the Meaning Sciences
- 3 David Lewis on Context
- 4 From Meaning to Content
- 5 Reviving the Parameter Revolution in Semantics
- 6 Changing Notions of Linguistic Competence in the History of Formal Semantics
- 7 Lexical Meaning, Concepts, and the Metasemantics of Predicates
- 8 Interpretation and the Interpreter
- 9 Expressing Expectations
- 10 Fregean Compositionality
- 11 Semantic Typology and Composition
- 12 Semantics as Model-Based Science
- 13 Semantic Possibility
- 14 Semantics as Measurement
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.