- Title Pages
- List of Tables
- List of Figures
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Political Responsiveness in a Patronage Democracy
- 3 The Provision of Constituency Service
- 4 Clients or Constituents?
- 5 Access to Services in a Patronage Democracy
- 6 Partisan Targeting and Local Distributive Politics
- 7 Local Blocking and Appeals for Assistance
- 8 Partisanship, the Personal Vote, and Constituency Service
- 9 Which Politicians Respond?
- 10 When Is Responsiveness Partisan Bias?
- 11 Constituency Service in Comparative Perspective
- 12 Conclusion
- Clients and Constituents
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.