- Title Pages
- 1 The Alternative Augustan Age
- 2 Augustus as Magpie
- 3 Hopes and Aspirations
- 4 Rebuilding Romulus’ Senate
- 5 The Good Wife
- 6 <i>At Magnus Caesar</i>, and Yet!
- 7 C. Asinius Pollio and the Politics of Cosmopolitanism
- 8 For Rome or for Augustus?
- 9 Egyptian Victories
- 10 African Alternatives
- 11 The Reputation of L. Munatius Plancus and the Idea of “Serving the Times”
- 12 How Do You Solve a Problem Like Marcus Agrippa?
- 13 Acting “Republican” under Augustus
- 14 Saecular Discourse
- 15 Maecenas and the Augustan Poets
- 16 Gauls on Top
- 17 The Rise of the Centumviral Court in the Augustan Age
- 18 Shields of Virtue(s)
- 19 The Popular Reception of Augustus and the Self-Infantilization of Rome’s Citizenry
- 20 Inventing the Imperial Senate
- The Alternative Augustan Age
- Kit Morrell, Josiah Osgood, Kathryn Welch
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.