- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Trent and Penance in the Colonial Period
- Chapter 2 The Confessional Seal
- Chapter 3 Sin, Repentance, and Confession in Nineteenth-Century American Protestant Polemics
- Chapter 4 American Catholic Theology of Penance in Nineteenth-Century America
- Chapter 5 American Catholic Practice of Confession in Nineteenth-Century America
- Chapter 6 History, Pius X, and the Practice of Confession, 1900–20
- Chapter 7 Confession, Continuity, and Reforms, 1920–60
- Chapter 8 Confession, the New Psychology, and Birth Control, 1920–60
- Chapter 9 From Confession to Reconciliation, Vatican II to 2015
Patrick W. Carey
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.