- Title Pages
- A Note on Usage and Dates
- I The Académie Française and Its Dictionary under the Old Regime
- 1 The Founding of the Académie Française and Its Development through the Late Seventeenth Century
- 2 The Académie and Its Dictionaries under the Old Regime
- II The Académie Française during the French Revolution
- 3 The Académie and Its Dictionary from the Beginning of the Revolution until the End of the Monarchy
- 4 An Orphaned Dictionary in Republican France
- 5 The Appearance of the Fifth Edition
- III Who Controls Language?
- 6 The Unexpected Appearance of a New Dictionary
- 7 The Fifth Edition Superseded
- The Place of Words
Michael P. Fitzsimmons
- Oxford University Press
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.