- Title Pages
- 1 The Rights of Past and Future Persons
- 2 For the Sake of Future Generations
- 3 Discriminate Death-Dealing
- 4 Can Philosophers Be Patriots?
- 5 Why Honesty Is a Hard Virtue
- 6 Getting in Touch With Our Own Feelings
- 7 How to Get to Know One’s Own Mind
- 8 The Moral Perils of Intimacy
- 9 Feelings That Matter
- 10 Demoralization, Trust, and the Virtues
- 11 Sympathy and Self-Trust
- 12 Putting Hope in its Place
- 13 How to Lose Friends
- 14 Alienating Affection
- 15 Faces, and Other Body Parts
- 16 Other Minds
- Name Index
- Subject Index
- Reflections On How We Live
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.