- Title Pages
- List of Tables
- List of Figures
- Introduction: The Beauty Trade
- Chapter 1 Seeing the Global Economy of Beauty Through Gender Lenses
- Chapter 2 Here Comes the <i>Quinceañera</i>: Isn’t She Beautiful?
- Chapter 3 Princess Dresses, Sexy Dances, and Eye Shadow: The Construction of a Global Political Economy of Beauty Through a Makeover
- Chapter 4 Beauty and the <i>Quince</i>: A Reproductive Economy View
- Chapter 5 Beauty Has a Price: The Global Productive Economy of Beauty
- Chapter 6 Different Brands of Beauty: Subcultures and the Global Virtual Economy
- Conclusion: Youth, Gender and Fashion Globalization
- Appendix A A Note about Methods
- Appendix B Youth Interview Questions
- Appendix C Adult Interview Questions
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.