- Title Pages
- <i>About the cover</i>
- Chapter 1 Holy War in the Bible
- Chapter 2 Jewish Holy War in Practice
- Chapter 3 Holy War Fails
- Chapter 4 Rabbinic Responses to War's Failure
- Chapter 5 Rabbinic Typology of War
- Chapter 6 Who Is the Enemy?
- Chapter 7 Maimonides’ Counting of the Commandments
- Chapter 8 Nahmanides’ Critique, and Other Thinkers
- Chapter 9 The Crisis of Modernity and Jewish Responses
- Chapter 10 From Practicality to a New Messianism
- Chapter 11 The New Jew
- Chapter 12 From Holocaust to Holy War
- Chapter 13 1948 to 1967
- Chapter 14 1967 to 1973
- Chapter 15 The 1980s
- Conclusion The Resurrection of Holy War
- Holy War in Judaism
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.