- Title Pages
- Introduction: Global Perspectives on Marriage, Crisis, and Nation
- 1 Marital Choice and Marital Crisis in Late Imperial Russia
- 2 Marriage, Manumission, and Morality in Turn- of-the-Century Rio de Janeiro
- 3 Marriage Crisis and All That Jazz
- 4 Marriage and Minority
- 5 Mixed Marriage in Colonial Burma
- 6 Materialism, Contention, and Rebellion
- 7 Finding a <i>Grand Amour</i> in Marriage in Postwar France
- 8 Wedding Marriage to the Nation-State in Modern China
- 9 Woman-to-Woman, Polyandrous, and Child Marriage
- 10 What Kind of Crisis?
- 11 Marriage and Family in Crisis in Contemporary Japan
- 12 Imagined Crises
- Selected Readings
- Domestic Tensions, National Anxieties
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.