- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 What is this thing called beauty?
- Chapter 2 Captivating faces
- Chapter 3 The measure of facial beauty
- Chapter 4 The body beautiful
- Chapter 5 How the brain works
- Chapter 6 Brains behind beauty
- Chapter 7 Evolving beauty
- Chapter 8 Beautiful landscapes
- Chapter 9 Numbering beauty
- Chapter 10 The illogic of beauty
- Chapter 1 What is this thing called pleasure?
- Chapter 2 Food
- Chapter 3 Sex
- Chapter 4 Money
- Chapter 5 Liking, wanting, learning
- Chapter 6 The logic of pleasure
- Chapter 1 What is this thing called art?
- Chapter 2 Art
- Chapter 3 Descriptive science of the arts
- Chapter 4 Experimental science of the arts
- Chapter 5 Conceptual art
- Chapter 6 The roots of art
- Chapter 7 Evolving minds
- Chapter 8 Evolving art
- Chapter 9 Art
- Chapter 10 The serendipity of art
- Books (that I found useful)
- (p.37) Chapter 7 Evolving beauty
- The Aesthetic Brain
- Oxford University Press
Two forces in evolution, natural selection that enhances survival, and sexual selection that enhances reproduction, offer insight into why we think some objects are beautiful and others are not.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.