- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 The challenge of illness and pain
- Chapter 2 All may not be lost
- Chapter 3 Trials and adjustment
- Chapter 4 Towards a changed outlook
- Chapter 5 Demands on the family
- Chapter 6 Lives taken over
- Chapter 7 Coping with change
- Chapter 8 Some personal consequences for the carer
- Chapter 9 Challenges for the professional carer
- Chapter 10 The power and limitations of words
- Chapter 11 Talking with patients
- Chapter 12 Chaplaincy and spiritual care
- Chapter 13 Blurred boundaries
- Chapter 14 A wealth of resources
- Chapter 15 The next step?
- Life to be Lived
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.