- Title Pages
- A Note on Quotation, Citation, and Transcription
- 1 Florio's Theatrical Montaigne
- 2 Sexuality and Censorship in the <i>Essayes</i>
- 3 On the Tyranny of ‘Custome’
- 4 From an English Montaigne to <i>The Dutch Courtesan</i>
- 5 Montaignian Conscience and the Shakespearean God-Surrogate
- 6 Maximizing Montaigne
- Appendix A British Library, Egerton MS 2982, Folios 22<sup>r</sup>–29<sup>v</sup> (Transcription)
- Appendix B Folger Shakespeare Library, MS V.a.281, Folios 15<sup>r</sup>–34<sup>v</sup> (Transcription)
- Appendix C British Library, Sloane MS 2903, Folios 1<sup>r</sup>–12<sup>r</sup> (Transcription)
- Appendix D Census of Extant Seventeenth-Century Copies of Florio's Montaigne
- Montaigne's English Journey
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.