- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- Editions and Abbreviations
- Note to the Reader
- 1 Reformation Biblical Culture
- 2 A Critical History of the Bible in Shakespeare
- 3 Allusion: Theory, History, and Shakespeare's Practice
- 4 Shakespeare's Variations on Themes from Genesis 1–3
- 5 Creative Anachronism: Biblical Allusion in the Roman Histories
- 6 Damnable Iteration: Falstaff, Master of Biblical Allusion
- 7 The Great Doom's Image: <i>Macbeth</i> and Apocalypse
- 8 The Patience of Lear: <i>King Lear</i> and Job
- The Bible in Shakespeare
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.