- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Contributors
- List of Abbreviations
- 1 Introduction
- 2 New Jersey: Preparedness Meets Opportunity
- 3 New South Wales: Entering too Late? Women in Parliamentary Politics
- 4 United Kingdom: Male Dominance Unbroken?
- 5 Sweden: Step by Step—Women’s Inroads into Parliamentary Politics
- 6 Iceland: Breaking Male Dominance by Extraordinary Means
- 7 Denmark: High Representation of Women without Gender Quotas
- 8 Netherlands: Gender Balance Here to Stay?
- 9 Germany: Successful Quota Rules in a Gendered Society
- 10 Breaking Male Dominance in Politics
- 11 Trajectories and Processes of Change in Women’s Representation
- 12 Framing Women Politicians in Old Democracies
- 13 Gender and Party Change
- 14 Conclusion
- Breaking Male Dominance in Old Democracies
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.