- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Contributors
- 1 Believing in Ethiopians
- 2 Black Apollo?
- 3 Greece, India, and Race among the Victorians
- 4 Black Minerva
- 5 Black Athena before <i>Black Athena</i>
- 6 ‘Ethiopia shall stretch forth her hands unto God’
- 7 Between Exodus and Egypt
- 8 Beyond Culture Wars
- 9 Egyptian Athena, African Egypt, Egyptian Africa
- 10 The Afterlives of <i>Black Athena</i>
- 11 In the House of Libya
- 12 Hellenism, Nationalism, Hybridity
- 13 The Idea of Africa in Lucan
- 14 Was Black Beautiful in Vandal Africa?
- 15 Identifying Authority
- 16 John Barclay's ‘Camella’ Poems
- 17 ‘Lay in Egypt's lap each borrowed crown’
- 18 ‘Not Equatorial black, not Mediterranean white’
- 19 Wole Soyinka's Yoruba Tragedy
- 20 Mythopoeia in the Struggle against Slavery, Racism, and Exclusive Afrocentrism
- 21 Dislocating Black Classicism
- 22 The Africanness of Classicism in the Work of Toni Morrison
- (p.414) Conclusion
- African Athena
K. Bhambra Gurminder
- Oxford University Press
Abstracts and keywords to be supplied.
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.