- Title Pages
- Linking Citizens and Parties
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Abbreviations
- 1 Citizen–Party Linkages, Political Institutions, and Type of Party
- 2 Are Moderate Parties Rewarded in Multiparty Systems?
- 3 Parties' Policy Programs and the Dog that Did not Bark: No Evidence that Proportional Systems Promote Extreme Party Positioning
- 4 Electoral Rules, the Number of Parties, and Niche Party Success
- 5 Proximity and Votes for Mainstream and Niche Parties
- 6 Mean Voter Representation Versus Partisan Constituency Representation: Do Parties Respond to the Mean Voter Position or to Their Supporters?
- 7 The Effects of Electoral Institutions
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.