- Title Pages
- Some Acknowledgements
- 1 An Introduction to Newton's Scientific Method
- 2 Newton's Phenomena
- 3 Inferences from Phenomena (Propositions 1 and 2 Book 3)
- 4 Unification and the Moon‐Test (Propositions 3 and 4 Book 3)
- 5 Christiaan Huygens: A Great Natural Philosopher Who Measured Gravity and an Illuminating Foil for Newton on Method
- 6 Unification and the Moon‐Test: Critical Assessment
- 7 Generalization by Induction (Propositions 5 and 6 Book 3)
- 8 Gravity as a Universal Force of Interaction (Propositions 7–13 Book 3)
- 9 Beyond Hypotheses: Newton's Methodology vs. Hypothetico‐Deductive Methodology
- 10 Newton's Methodology and the Practice of Science
- Acknowledgements for use of Images and Text
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.