- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- Note on Text and Conventions
- List of Abbreviations
- 1 Material Beginnings: John Leland, John Twyne, John Stow
- 2 Origins and Names: Etymology and the Elizabethan Society of Antiquaries
- 3 Restoring Britain: Courtesy and Collaboration in Camden's <i>Britannia</i>
- 4 Monuments and Megaliths: From Stonehenge to ‘Stonage’
- 5 A Peripatetic Education: Antiquarian Travellers and the Apodemic Arts
- 6 Antiquarian Readers: The Case of Drayton and Selden
- List of Contents of Westminster Abbey Library and Muniment Room, CB 7 (14) (the <i>Urbes Britanniae</i> manuscript)
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.