- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- List of Abbreviations and Conventions
- 1 Introduction: Protestant Angels, Poets, the Imagination
- 2 Angelographia: Writing about Angels
- 3 Angelology: Knowledge of Angels
- 4 A Stronger Existence: Angels, Polemic, and Radical Speculation, 1640–1660
- 5 Conversations with Angels: The Pordages and their Angelical World
- 6 The Fleshly Imagination and the Word of God
- 7 Spiritual Gifts: Angels, Inspiration, and Prophecy
- 8 Can Angels Feign?
- 9 Look Homeward Angel: Angelic Guardianship and Nationhood
- 10 Angels in Paradise Lost
- 11 The Natural Philosophy of Angels
- 12 ‘With the Tongues of Angels’: Angelic Communication
- 13 Dryden's Fall: Dreams, Angels, Freewill
- 14 Conclusion: Angels and Literary Representation
- Milton's Angels
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.