- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- Notes on Contributors
- Prologue: Community of Practice Then and Now
- 1 The Resurgence of Community in Economic Thought and Practice
- 2 Community and Economics<sup>1</sup>
- 3 ‘The Art of Knowing’: Social and Tacit Dimensions of Knowledge and the Limits of the Community of Practice
- 4 Re‐animating the Place of Thought: Transformations of Spatial and Temporal Description in the Twenty‐First Century
- 5 Cognitive Distance in and Between Communities of Practice and Firms: Where Do Exploitation and Exploration Take Place, and How Are They Connected?
- 6 Project Work as a Locus of Learning: The Journey Through Practice
- 7 Breakthrough Innovation and the Shaping of New Markets: The Role of Communities of Practice<sup>1</sup>
- 8 Buzz Without Being There? Communities of Practice in Context<sup>1</sup>
- 9 Knowledge‐Intensive Firms, Communities, and Creative Cities<sup>1</sup>
- 10 Open, But How Much? Growth,Conflict, and Institutional Evolution in Open‐Source Communities<sup>1</sup>
- Epilogue: <i>Situated Learning</i> and Changing Practice<sup>1</sup>
- Community, Economic Creativity, and Organization
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.