- Title Pages
- 1 Religion and Politics: The West, Islam, Byzantium
- 2 Legitimacy: The Caliphate and the State
- 3 Society: Tribe, Commune, and Nation
- 4 Regimes: Europe, Islam, and Byzantium
- 5 Practical Politics
- 6 Approaches to Political Thought
- 7 Changes in Religion and Politics
- 8 The Origins of Western Political Thought
- 9 Epilogue: The West, Islam, Russia
- Appendix: Marsilius and Ibn Rushd
- The West and Islam
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.