- Title Pages
- 1 Madness and Madhouses of the Lower Provinces of Bengal
- 2 Treatment of the Insane
- 3 Women in the Lunatic Asylums of Bengal
- 4 The Role of Asylum Staff in the Treatment of Insanity
- Appendix I: Rules Proposed for the Control and Management of the European Insane Hospital<sup>1</sup>
- Appendix II: Rules for the Control and Management of the House of Reception for European Insane, Medical Charge Control and Superintendence<sup>2</sup>
- Appendix III: The Rules for Public and Private Patients Admitted at Beardsmore’s Private Asylum<sup>3</sup>
- Select Bibliography
- About the Author
- Houses of Madness
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.