- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Imagination and Emotion
- 3 Imagination and Simulation in Audience Responses to Fiction
- 4 Imagination and Misimagination
- 5 The Intuitive Cosmology of Fictional Worlds
- 6 Why Pretend?
- 7 Why Irony is Pretence
- 8 On the (So‐called) Puzzle of Imaginative Resistance
- 9 Imaginative Resistance Revisited
- 10 Puzzling over the Imagination: Philosophical Problems, Architectural Solutions
- 11 Modality, Modal Epistemology, and the Metaphysics of Consciousness
- 12 Imaginative Blocks and Impossibility: An Essay in Modal Psychology
- 13 Meta‐conceivability and Thought Experiments
- The Architecture of the Imagination
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.