- Title Pages
- List of Maps
- CHAPTER ONE The Political World
- CHAPTER TWO Virtue, Liberty, and the ‘Country Interest’
- CHAPTER THREE Britain and France and the ‘Empire of the Seas’
- CHAPTER FOUR Scotland: Expunging the Memory of the '45
- CHAPTER FIVE ‘True English Genius’: Patriots and Patriot Clubs in Ireland
- CHAPTER SIX Trade and the National Interest
- CHAPTER SEVEN Morals and the Nation
- Appendix 1. Irish Patriot Addresses, 1754
- Appendix 2. Irish Patriot Toasts
- Appendix 3. The Free British Fishery Society
- Politics and the Nation
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.