- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- 1 Introduction: The Frontiers of Power
- 2 East Germany's Dual Crisis: Politics and Economics on the Eve of the Wall
- 3 Crossing the Line: <i>Republikflucht</i> between Defection and Migration
- 4 Holding the Line: Policing the Open Border
- 5 Walled in: 13 August 1961
- 6 In the Shadow of the Wall: Coming to Terms with Communism
- 7 <i>Wanderlust</i>: Travel, Emigration and the Movement
- 8 The Fall of the Wall: 9 November 1989
- 9 Seeking Closure: Remembering the Wall
- Behind the Berlin Wall
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.