- Title Pages
- General Preface
- Provenance of the Chapters
- 1 Tense, Indexicality, and Consequence
- 2 On Events in Linguistic Semantics
- 3 Tensed Thoughts
- 4 Tensed Second Thoughts
- 5 Why is Sequence of Tense Obligatory?
- 6 Anaphoric Tense
- 7 Accomplishments
- 8 The English Progressive
- 9 The English Perfect and the Metaphysics of Events
- 10 Competence with Demonstratives
- 11 A Plea for Implicit Anaphora
- 12 Remembering, Imagining, and the First Person
- Tense, Aspect, and Indexicality
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.