- Title Pages
- 1 William Thomson: An Introductory Biography
- 2 Educating William: Belfast, Glasgow, and Cambridge
- 3 On the Early Work of William Thomson: Mathematical Physics and Methodology in the 1840s
- 4 James Thomson and the Culture of a Victorian Engineer
- 5 Fifty‐Eight Years of Friendship: Kelvin and Stokes
- 6 Kelvin and Fitzgerald: Great Irish Physicists
- 7 Concepts and Models of the Magnetic Field
- 8 ‘A Dynamical Form of Mechanical Effect’: Thomson's Thermodynamics
- 9 Kelvin and Engineering
- 10 William Thomson's Determinations of the Age of the Earth
- 11 Thomson and Tait: The <i>Treatise on Natural Philosophy</i>
- 12 Kelvin on Atoms and Molecules
- 13 Kelvin and the Development of Science in Meiji Japan
- 14 Kelvin, Maxwell, Einstein and the Ether: Who was Right about What?
- 15 Kelvin and Statistical Mechanics
- 16 Kelvin—The Legacy
- NOTES ON CONTRIBUTORS
- Kelvin: Life, Labours and Legacy
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.