- Title Pages
- 1 The Abolitionist Movement: Progress and Prospects
- 2 In the Vanguard of Abolition
- 3 Where Capital Punishment Remains Contested
- 4 The Scope of Capital Punishment in Law
- 5 The Death Penalty in Reality: The Process of Execution and the Death Row Experience
- 6 Excluding the Vulnerable from Capital Punishment
- 7 Protecting the Accused and Ensuring Due Process
- 8 Deciding Who Should Die: Problems of Inequity, Arbitrariness, and Racial Discrimination
- 9 The Question of Deterrence
- 10 A Question of Opinion or a Question of Principle?
- 11 The Challenge of a Suitable Replacement
- Appendix 1 Lists of Retentionist and Abolitionist Countries
- Appendix 2 Ratification of International Treaties
- Appendix 3 International Instruments
- Cases Cited
- The Death Penalty
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.