- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- 1 Self, Agency, and Mental Causation
- 2 Causal Closure Principles and Emergentism
- 3 Physical Causal Closure and the Invisibility of Mental Causation
- 4 Could Volitions Be Epiphenomenal?
- 5 The Self as an Emergent Substance
- 6 Event Causation and Agent Causation
- 7 Personal Agency
- 8 Substance Causation, Persons, and Free Will
- 9 Rational Selves and Freedom of Action
- 10 Needs, Facts, Goodness, and Truth
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.