- Title Pages
- List of illustrations
- Acknowledgements and sources
- 1 A turban in Stockholm
- 2 The tapestry of a subcontinent
- 3 Messiahs, Mahdis and Ahmadis
- 4 A mathematical childhood
- 5 From mathematics to physics
- 6 The men who knew infinities
- 7 Not so splendid isolation
- 8 ‘Think of something better’
- 9 The arrogant theory
- 10 Uniting nations of science
- 11 Trieste
- 12 Electroweak
- 13 Quark Liberation Front
- 14 Demise
- 15 Prejudice and pride
- (p.247) 14 Demise
- Cosmic Anger
- Oxford University Press
This chapter covers Salam's fall from favour in Pakistan and the excommunication of the Ahmadi sect, his unsuccessful bid to head UNESCO, and his fatal illness.
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.