- Title Pages
- 1 Essential Distinctions for Art Theorists
- 2 The Cluster Theory of Art
- 3 Functional and Procedural Definitions of Art
- 4 Non‐Western Art and Art's Definition
- 5 First Art and Art's Definition
- 6 Aesthetic Judgments, Artworks, and Functional Beauty
- 7 Ellen Dissanayake's Evolutionary Aesthetic
- 8 Probably Not the Last Word on the End of Art
- 9 Is Architecture an Art?
- 10 Interpreting Contextualities
- 11 Authors' Intentions, Literary Interpretation, and Literary Value
- 12 True Interpretations
- 13 Relativism in Interpretation
- 14 Replies to Arguments Suggesting that Critics' Strong Evaluations could not be Soundly Deduced
- 15 Truth‐Values and Metaphors
- 16 The Expression Theory Again
- Philosophical Perspectives on Art
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.