- Title Pages
- Chapter Summaries
- 1 What Is Matter Made Of?
- 2 What about the Higgs Boson?
- 3 Accelerators and Detectors: The Essential Tools
- 4 The Discovery of the Higgs Boson
- 5 The Dark Side of the Universe
- 6 Calling SUSY to the Rescue
- 7 What Does Basic Research Put on Our Plates?
- 8 A Unique Management Model
- 9 Diversity in Physics
- 10 What Could the Next Big Discoveries Be?
- Appendix A Percentages of Women for the 101 Nationalities Present at CERN
- Appendix B The Role of Mileva Marić Einstein
- Who Cares about Particle Physics?
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.