- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Abbreviations
- Notes on the Contributors
- 1 Did Descartes Teach a ‘Philosophy of Science’ or Implement ‘Strategies of Natural Philosophical Explanation’?
- 2 A Virtuous Practice
- 3 Context, History, and Interpretation
- 4 Descartes’ Mind
- 5 Truth in Perception
- 6 Descartes and Regius on the Pineal Gland and Animal Spirits, and a Letter of Regius on the True Seat of the Soul
- 7 Cartesianism and Visual Cognition
- 8 Reintroducing Descartes in the History of Materialism
- 9 Descartes and the Impossibility of a Philosophy of Action
- 10 Regius and Descartes on the Passions
- 11 Descartes on the Power of the Soul
- 12 Cartesianism and Its Feminist Promise and Limits
- Bibliography of the Works of Desmond Clarke
- Descartes and Cartesianism
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.