- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Setting the scene
- Chapter 2 How languages work
- Chapter 3 What is necessary
- Chapter 4 What is desirable
- Chapter 5 What is not (really) needed
- Chapter 6 How about complexity?
- Chapter 7 How many words should there be?
- Chapter 8 The limits of a language
- Chapter 9 Better for what purpose?
- Chapter 10 An ideal language
- Chapter 11 Facing up to the question
- Notes and sources
- Are Some Languages Better than Others?
R. M. W. Dixon
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.