- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Contributors
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Measuring the Spread of Modern Manufacturing to the Poor Periphery
- 3 State and Market in Russian Industrialization, 1870–2010
- 4 How Peripheral was the Periphery?
- 5 Industrialization and De-industrialization in Southeast Europe, 1870–2010
- 6 The Industrialization of Italy, 1861–1971
- 7 Industrialization in Egypt and Turkey, 1870–2010
- 8 East Asian Industrial Pioneers
- 9 Industrialization in China
- 10 From Artisanal Production to Machine Tools
- 11 From Commodity Booms to Economic Miracles
- 12 Industrialization and Growth in Peru and Mexico, 1870–2010
- 13 Industrial Growth in South America
- 14 Patterns of Manufacturing Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa
- General Index
- The Spread of Modern Industry to the Periphery since 1871
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.