- Title Pages
- Abbreviations and conventions
- List of boxes, figures, schemes, and tables
- 1 The multifaceted Gender
- 2 Linguistic Gender and its expression
- 3 Round women and long men: physical properties in Linguistic Gender
- 4 What are Linguistic Genders good for?
- 5 Gender meanings in grammar and lexicon
- 6 The rise and fall of Linguistic Genders
- 7 Manly women and womanly men: the effects of gender reversal
- 8 The images of gender
- 9 When women and men speak differently
- 10 The rituals of gender
- 11 Gender in grammar and society
- 12 The heart of the matter: envoi
- Index of languages, linguistic families, and peoples
- Index of authors
- Index of subjects
- How Gender Shapes the World
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.