- Title Pages
- List of Plates
- List of Abbreviations
- 1 Of Followers and Friends
- 2 Visions of Laurel
- 3 The Arts of Magnificence
- 4 Economies of Script and Print
- 5 The Rhetoric of Paratexts
- 6 The Protocols of Presentation
- 7 Petrarch and the Renaissance of Patronage
- 8 Ariosto
- 9 Tasso
- 10 Print and Patronage in the Early Tudor Age
- 11 Elizabeth I and Court Patronage
- 12 Courts and Coteries
- 13 The Elizabethan Marketplace
- 14 Career Trajectories
- 15 Egerton
- 16 The Courts of King James and Prince Henry
- 'Ungainefull Arte'
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.