- Title Pages
- In Memory of My Parents, Anton and Gertrud Faist
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- 1 Lacunae of Migration and Post-Migration Research
- 2 A Review of Dominant Theories of International Migration
- 3 Situating the First Puzzle: Why So Few Migrants and Why So Many?
- 4 The Crucial Meso Link: Social Capital in Social and Symbolic Ties
- 5 The Selective Functions of Social Capital: Why Are There So Few Migrants Out of Most Places?
- The Selective and Diffusion Functions of Social Capital: Why So Many Migrants Out of So Few Places?
- 7 The Bridging Function of Social Capital: Transnational Social Spaces
- 8 The Adaptive Functions of Social Capital: Transnationalization and Nation-State Membership
- 9 Elements for Multi-level Research on International Migration and Post-Migration Processes
- The Volume and Dynamics of International Migration and Transnational Social Spaces
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.