- Title Pages
- List of Contributors
- Introduction and Overview
- The ‘Declining Significance’ or the ‘Changing Forms’ of Patriarchy?
- From Agrarian Patriarchy to Patriarchal Capitalism: Gendered Capitalist Industrialization in Korea
- Patriarchy and Private Property in Nicaragua, 1860–1920
- Gender and Status Inequalities in Yemen: Honour, Economics., and Politics
- Development, Patriarchy, and Politics: Indian Women in the Political Process, 1947–1992
- Gender, Patriarchy, and Development in Africa: The Zimbabwean Case
- Industrialization and Women’s Subordination: A Reappraisal
- Gender Inequality and Women’s Wage Labour: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis
- State, Gender, and the Organization of Business in Rural Taiwan
- Development Strategies, State Policies, and the Status of Women: A Comparative Assessment of Iran, Turkey, and Tunisia
- Cumulative Disadvantage? Women Industrial Workers in Malaysia and the Philippines
- The Nordic Model of Gender Equality: The Welfare State, Patriarchy, and Unfinished Emancipation
- Patriarchy and Post-communism: Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union
- APPENDIX Women’s Positions at Century’s End: Cross-national Trends and Comparisons in Socio-economic Indicators
- Patriarchy and Development
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.