- Title Pages
- 1 Occasionalism and the Mind‐Body Problem
- 2 Descartes and Occasional Causation
- 3 Occasionalism and General Will in Malebranche
- Postscript to “Occasionalism and General Will in Malebranche”
- 4 Knowledge, Volitional Agency, and Causation in Malebranche and Geulincx
- 5 Dualism and Occasionalism: Arnauld and the Development of Cartesian Metaphysics
- 6 The Occasionalism of Louis de la Forge
- 7 Louis de la Forge and the Development of Occasionalism: Continuous Creation and the Activity of the Soul
- 8 Cordemoy and Occasionalism
- 9 “No Necessary Connection”: The Medieval Roots of the Occasionalist Roots of Humen
- Postscript to “‘No Necessary Connection’: The Medieval Roots of the Occasionalist Roots of Hume”
- 10 Choosing a Theodicy: The Leibniz‐Malebranche‐Arnauld Connection
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.