- Title Pages
- A Note on the Text
- 1 Intellectual Incorrectness: Melodrama, Populism, Cultural Hierarchies
- 2 The Villains of Stage Melodrama: Romanticism and the Politics of Character
- 3 Dickens, Acting, and Ambivalence: Periodical Passions
- 4 Melodramatic Poetics and the Gothic Villain: Interiority, Deviance, Emotion
- 5 Twisting the Newgate Tale: Popular Culture, Pleasure and the Politics of Genre
- 6 Dickens and Dandyism: Masking Interiority
- 7 Byronic Baddies, Melodramatic Anxieties
- 8 Sincerely Deviant Women
- Dickens's Villains
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.