- Title Pages
- Tables and Figures
- 1 Strangers, Neighbours, and Political Order in The South Asian City
- 2 The ‘Embourgeoisement’ of a ‘Proletarian Vanguard’?
- 3 Does the Middle Class Have Boundaries?
- 4 Old Differences and New Hierarchies
- 5 What is Civil and Uncivil in Civil Society?
- 6 Religion, Politics, and Governance in India, Pakistan, Nigeria, and Tanzania
- 7 Between Hindu Nationalism and Coalition Politics
- 8 Researching Health Care in India, 1970–2010
- 9 Remains of Difference
- 10 Violence of Law and Citizenship
- 11 Democracy in India
- Editor and Contributors
- Interrogating India's Modernity
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.