- Title Pages
- 1 The Political Crisis of the American State
- 2 Is Inequality a Threat to Democracy?
- 3 The Resilient Power of the States across the Long Nineteenth Century
- 4 The First New Federalism and the Development of the Modern American State
- 5 The Missing State in Postwar American Political Thought
- 6 No Class War
- 7 Economic Inequality and Political Representation
- 8 Promoting Inequality
- 9 Moving Feminist Activists Inside the American State
- 10 From Kanye West to Barack Obama
- 11 American State Building
- 12 A Historian's Reflection on the Unsustainable American State
- 13 Taking Stock
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.