- Title Pages
- 1 Background and Historical Perspective
- 2 How Altruistic by Nature?
- 3 Adult Attachment and Caregiving
- 4 Mechanisms, Mediators, and Adaptive Consequences of Caregiving
- 5 The Human Caregiving System
- 6 Neural Circuits Regulating Maternal Behavior
- 7 Neuroscience of Empathic Responding
- 8 Parental and Romantic Attachment Systems
- 9 Parental Investment in Caregiving Relationships
- 10 The Role of Empathic Emotions in Caregiving
- 11 The Costs and Benefits of Informal Caregiving
- 12 Too Close for Comfort?
- 13 Egosystem and EcosystemMotivational Perspectives on Caregiving
- 14 Caregiving in Adult Close Relationships
- 15 A New View of UtilityMaximizing “Optimal Investment”
- 16 Bringing Neuroscience into Political Science
- 17 Motivation and the Delivery of Social Services
- Moving Beyond Self-Interest
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.