- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 The Praxial Philosophy in Historical Perspective
- 3 The Limits and Grounds of Musical Praxialism
- 4 The Nature of Music and Musical Works
- 5 Understanding Musical Understanding
- 6 Music and Knowledge in Bodily Experience
- 7 Listening Reconsidered
- 8 Why Musical Performance?
- 9 Composing and Improvising
- 10 A Systems View of Musical Creativity
- 11 Praxial Foundations of Multicultural Music Education
- 12 Curriculum
- 13 Critical Matters in Early Childhood Music Education
- 14 What Matters in General Music?
- 15 Elementary Music Education
- 16 Why Don’t I Feel Included in These Musics, or Matters
- 17 Community Music and Praxialism
- Name Index
- Subject Index
- Praxial Music Education
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.