- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Universalism, Cultural Variation, and Children’s Film
- 3 Love and Desire in the Cinema
- 4 Screaming Lambs and Lusty Wolves
- 5 Undead Ghosts and Living Prey
- 6 Sadness, Melodrama, and Rituals of Loss and Death
- Introduction to Part II
- 7 Stories for Eyes, Ears, and Muscles
- 8 Character Simulation and Emotion
- 9 Art Film, the Transient Body, and the Permanent Soul
- 10 Subjective Aesthetics in Film
- 11 The Experience of Audiovisual Realism
- 12 Conclusion
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.