- Title Pages
- ONE An Advertisement That Never Changed
- TWO From Literature to Business
- THREE Good Money in Good English
- FOUR What You Want and Where to Get It
- FIVE The 100% Self‐correcting Course in English Language
- SIX Grammar and Vocabulary
- SEVEN The Finishing Touches
- EIGHT Every Day People Judge You
- NINE Just 15 Minutes a Day
- TEN A Better Self: Manners, Music, and Muscles
- ELEVEN Smile
- TWELVE Language, Culture, and Anxiety
- THIRTEEN Linguistics and the New Rhetoric
- FOURTEEN Study at Home
- FIFTEEN School's Out
- SIXTEEN The Sherwin Cody Legacy
- Answers to Exercises
- Sherwin Cody Timeline
- Works by Sherwin Cody
- (p.105) ELEVEN Smile
- Do You Make These Mistakes in English?
Edwin L. Battistella (Contributor Webpage)
- Oxford University Press
Chapter 11 recounts the story of Dale Carnegie and his famous self‐confidence course, which paralleled Cody's work in some ways but also took self‐improvement in a new, personality‐based direction.
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.